Silk is one of the oldest textile fibres known to man and was discovered by accident. A silk cocoon fell into a cup of hot tea and the Chinese Empress Hsi-Ling-Shih pulled the threads and discovered silk. For centuries silk has had a reputation as a luxurious and sensuous fibre, one associated with wealth and success. It has been used by the Chinese since the 27th century BC and was mentioned by Aristotle, the ancient Greek philosopher. During the Roman Empire, silk was sold for its weight in gold Silk is the strongest natural protein fibre.
A steel filament of the same diameter will break before a filament of silk. Silk absorbs moisture, which makes it cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Natural Silk – 13000 Pocket Springs
Sumptuous silk is combined with deep layers of fleece wool, angora wool, Egyptian cotton, linen, Hempure®, cotton and horse hair to create a simply wonderful sleeping environment. This level of natural comfort combined with 13000 pocket springs ensures a blissfully relaxing night’s sleep.
• 13000 pocket springs in the Revolution® HD system with an additional inner spring for extra support.
• Silk provides superb temperature regulation, extra resilience and soft cool comfort.
• Fine angora wool gives a sumptuous and luxurious feel.
• British wool gives superior temperature regulation, resilience and comfort.
• Egyptian cotton alongside our standard cotton, give superior softness, added strength and cool comfort.
• Hemp is a strong natural fibre which provides resilience to give cushioned recovery and breathability.
• Linen and horsehair enhance the softness, support.